All this started with E3D started shipping their Beta 30 which came with 600+ mm bowden tubes and we thought to ourselves- there must be a better way!
We wanted a direct driven dual-gear extruder that is also light weight. At only 75 grams and a shortened filament path, explore a new world of possibilities. It fits in the current E3D V6 tool space of their tool changer and it was later adapted for use for a Duet Smart Effector.
Check out the Smart Effector uDrive powered Rostock at the Duet booth MRRF2019!
Features and specifications
- Complete Extruder Assembly weighs in at 75g.
- Dual gear driven direct drive.
- Capable of prints speeds of 120mm/s at 0.4 nozzle 0.2mm layer height and more.
- Psht Flexibles? Print TPU with ease.
- Capable of 40mm/s+ retract speeds.
You may integrate the uDrive with any printer and we have tested it with the following:
- E3D tool changer.
- Duet Smart Effector.
- SMC Artemis (coming soon).